Functions of the Institute
- To promote good governance;
- To promote standards of professional competence and practice amongst members of the Institute;
- To promote research into subjects of governance, management administration , secretarial practice and related matters, publication of books, periodicals, journals and articles in connection therewith;
- To promote international recognition of the Institute;
- To advise the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB) on the matters relating to examination standards and policies;
- To carry out any other functions prescribed for it under any of the provisions of the Act or under any other written law;
- To do anything incidental or conducive to the performance of the functions specified under this statute.