INVITATION TO THE 21ST ICPSK ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
INVITATION TO THE 21ST ICPSK ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE TO BE HELD AT PRIDEINN PARADISE RESORT, CONVENTION CENTRE & SPA, MOMBASA ON APRIL 11-13, 2017
We are pleased to invite you and other members of your organisation to attend and participate in our 21st ICPSK Annual International Conference will be held on April 11-13, 2017 at PrideInn Paradise Resort, Convention Centre & Spa, Mombasa.
The theme of this year’s Conference is “GOOD GOVERNANCE AS A FOUNDATION FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT.”
The following topics will be addressed on the Conference Theme:-
1. Role of the Judiciary in Democratic Elections, Rule of Law, and Good Governance.
2. Improving Governance and Service Delivery through E-Government
3. Implementation of New Business Laws and Ease of Doing Business in Kenya
4. Ethical Culture Revolution: The Role of Mentorship
5. Role of Media in Election Process
6. Responsible Journalism as an Advocate of Good Governance.
7. Role of Media in Promoting National Values and National Cohesion.
8. King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa
9. Governance Audit Value Proposition
10. The Role of County Governments in National Unity and Harnessing the Local Resources
This high level Annual Conference is targeted for 300 local and international delegates in senior leadership positions from both the private and public sectors. Delegates are mostly drawn from Government Ministries, County Governments, Constitutional Commissions, Independent Offices, State Corporations, Semi-Autonomous Government Agencies, Private Companies, Consultancy Firms, among others.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD):
18 CPD Credit Hours. Members of LSK can transfer the CPD credits and earn CLE points.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA):
The Institute is a registered Management Trainer with NITA. For reimbursement purposes from the Industrial Training Levy Fund for contributors, sponsoring organizations should strictly follow the laid down NITA requirements.
Tuition fees per delegate for this three days (3) Conference will be Kshs 45,000 and Kshs 55,000 for members and non-members respectively. Fees are payable in advance of the Conference and cover participation in the Conference, Training Materials, Institute Insignia, Cocktail Party, Group Photo, Certificate, Two Teas/Coffee and Lunch for the Conference Period.
You are requested to commence payments of the Conference fees by instalments in order to ease the burden of making a one-off payment.
Members above 60 and those below 25 years of age are eligible for 50% discount in Conference fees. This is also applicable for current student pursuing Certified Secretaries Course and who are below 25 years of age.
|Child above 3 years sharing with one adult||Kshs. 2,075|
|Child below 3 years sharing with adult||Free|
|Children in own room||Adult rates|
NB: Accommodation should be booked and paid directly with the hotel and NOT through the Institute.
Participants are requested to contact their travel agents to make their transport arrangements.
Cheques payable to Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya. OR BANK at Kenya Commercial Bank, Capital Hill Branch; A/c Name: Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya; A/c No: 1103151045; SWIFT CODE: KLENX. OR PAY BILL No: 533800; on the ‘Account Name’ option, members should enter ICPSK membership number while Non-members should enter their names.
Please register online via Institute’s website or by filing in the attached registration form and e-mail the same to the Institute’s Secretariat by Monday March 13, 2017. Registrations received after the set date will be subject to availability of space and will attract an administrative charge of Kshs. 1,000. Please note that no participant will be allowed to attend before full payment of the Conference fees.
All cancellations must be notified to the Secretariat in writing; cancellations by telephone will not be acceptable. Cancellations, if any, received before March 13, 2017 will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations received after March 13, 2017 but before April 12, 2017, will be eligible for refund less 15% administrative expenses. No refund will be given for cancellations reaching the Institute after April 12, 2017.
- AUTOMATION OF PROCESSES AT THE COMPANIES REGISTRY
- REVIEW OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 2015 & INSOLVENCY REGULATIONS 2016
- CALL FOR TOPICS FOR SEMINARS IN YEAR 2018
- CALL FOR CANDIDATES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AWARD OF FELLOWSHIP, HONORARY FELLOWSHIP & COMMENDATION DURING THE 24TH ICPSK ANNUAL DINNER
- ELECTIONS OF THE CHAIRMAN AND COUNCIL MEMBERS DURING THE 26TH ICPSK ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING