NOTICE AND AGENDA - 26TH ICPSK AGM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE 26TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC SECRETARIES OF KENYA WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7, 2017 AT THE CPS GOVERNANCE CENTRE, KILIMANJARO ROAD, UPPER HILL, AT 11.00 AM
- The Secretary to read the notice convening the meeting.
- To consider and adopt the minutes of the 25th Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Report of the Council of the Institute for the year ended December 31, 2016.
- To receive a progress report on the development of the CPS Governance Centre.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Institute for the year ended December 31, 2016.
- To elect the Chairman of the Institute Pursuant to Section 6 of the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534 and the First Schedule of the Act. CS Tom O. Omariba having served one year term and being eligible for a final term of one year, offers himself for re-election.
- To elect five (5) Council members to fill vacancies in the Council.
(a) FCS Nelly Matheka resigned from the Council with effect from January 19, 2017
(b) Patrick Sau Mutemi retires by rotation and his second term of three years having expired, is not eligible for re-election
(c) Dennis Banda Aroka is retiring by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
(d) Waweru G. Mathenge is retiring by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
(e) Calvin Nyachoti Mogute is retiring by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
- To consider and authorize Council to appoint the auditor of the Institute for the financial year 2017 and fix the auditor’s remuneration.
- To consider and adopt Council Election Guidelines.
- To consider any other business for which due notification will have been received by the Secretary forty-eight (48) hours before the Annual General Meeting.
CS. Obare Nyaega,
By Order of the Council