ICPSK MENTORSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH PROGRAMME
The Council of the Institute, with the support of the College of Fellows, has introduced the ICPSK Mentorship and Professional Growth Programme. The programme responds to request by members, particularly recent graduates, for a cost-effective approach to competence development. The purpose of the programme is to develop young professionals into respected international and national leaders in the Certified Secretaries Profession. The expanding and demanding role of the certified secretary, particularly the evolving centrality of corporate governance and business advisory services, require that young graduates and members of the profession acquire skills, knowledge and competence to provide services in a dynamic environment.
The approach is to link few young professionals with a seasoned certified secretary with a view to imparting skills and knowledge from the senior to the younger member of the profession. The mentee should have a clear career growth objectives and targets; should be proactive and willing to learn from the assigned mentor; and should be willing to participate actively in ICPSK mentorship activities. The Mentorship programme will be co-ordinated by a dedicated committee of the Council and will be anchored in the Professional Development Department at the Institute Secretariat.
It is envisaged that the following learning areas will be of interest to young professionals and could constitute mentorship clusters:
- Evolving opportunities in the Companies Act No. 17 of 2015;
- Emerging issues in corporate secretarial services;
- Governance advisory opportunities in the public and private sectors;
- Business Advisory Services in the emerging regional and global trade regimes;
- Public private partnership as viable business advisory services, particularly in the County Governments;
- Consulting skills and project management
The potential mentees are expected to identify a cluster of subjects in which they have a development need. These needs will be linked to suitable mentors who will express interest in supporting young professionals advance their career. A structured mentorship programme will thereafter be developed under the guidance of the Mentorship Committee, with the approval of Council. Progress along the developmental path of the mentee will be assessed through a mentorship tool kit which will be developed for their purpose.
Invitation to Mentees
Young professionals who would like to participate in ICPSK Mentorship and Growth Programme are now invited to express their interest by filling the below form and submitting it in soft copy, clearly identify the development clusters in which they are interested.
- AUTOMATION OF PROCESSES AT THE COMPANIES REGISTRY
- REVIEW OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 2015 & INSOLVENCY REGULATIONS 2016
- CALL FOR TOPICS FOR SEMINARS IN YEAR 2018
- CALL FOR CANDIDATES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AWARD OF FELLOWSHIP, HONORARY FELLOWSHIP & COMMENDATION DURING THE 24TH ICPSK ANNUAL DINNER
- ELECTIONS OF THE CHAIRMAN AND COUNCIL MEMBERS DURING THE 26TH ICPSK ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING